AWARDS & HONORS
- THE BURNING BED - Writers Guild of America Award, Best
Dramatic Adaptation; Emmy Nomination,Outstanding writing;
American Women in Radio and TV Award; Humanitarian Award for Drama, L.A. Commission on Assaults Against Women; honored by The American Film Institute, as part of the permanent collection.
- STONE PILLOW - Religion in Media AWARD, Best TV Drama.
- Humanitas Award Nominations: STONE PILLOW, THE BURNING BED, BORN BEAUTIFUL, MOTHER AND DAUGHTER, LAND OF HOPE.
- Elected to YWCA Academy of Women Achievers.
- National Library of Poetry - Editors' Choice, Outstanding Achievement in Poetry
- STORY MAGAZINE Award - Famous Fiction Competition
- MOTHER AND DAUGHTER: THE LOVING WAR - Writers Guild of America Best Drama Nomination; American Women in Radio and Television Award.
- LETTERS HOME - Best Play of The Year, L. A. Times, awards
at many international festivals.
- PICON PIE – L.A. Ovation award nomination, best new musical
- GANDHIJI - L. A. Times Award, chosen for O'Neill Conference;
in Burns Mantle's Best Plays of l982-l983
- APPLES IN EDEN - Concord Bicentennial Contest Award
- THE RABINOWITZ GAMBIT - 1st Prize, Sullivan County Drama Award
- N. J. State Council on the Arts Grant for THE MERRY WAR
- RITES OF PASSAGE - Honored by OADR; Fairleigh Dickinson U. grant.
- Elected to Membership in the NEW DRAMATISTS.
- Fairleigh Dickinson U. Grant for WOMEN IN THEATER
- VOICES IN MY HEAD - Earplay Purchase Award, Armstrong Award for Best Radio Drama
- YOU'RE IT: Nat'l Visual Presentation Assoc. Award, Sales Execs.Club of N. Y. Award, Certificate of Merit, American Film Festival
- Ford Foundation Award, TV drama: THE PENCIL BOX WAR
- American Theater Wing Playwriting Scholarship Award
- ATLANTIC MONTHLY Poetry Award